Monday, October 3, 2016

Week #12: Temple Trip and grass in my tire




This week we got to go to the temple.  We will do this almost every month, and it is something to look forward to.  I  loved the temple it was amazing. Such a beautiful place from building to grounds.

Afterwards we went to a place to get some all you can eat pizza 930 yen for it.  The most expensive meal maybe I have had so far but was good I liked it. Then we traveled back home, by this time it was 6pm and we ending up calling an investigator and some other people checking up making sure they are ok.  A nice Pday definitely a lot of traveling probably spent good hour today trying to figure out which bus or train to jump on and which sign to follow, but anyways it was great.  Kisarazu, where my area is more industrial and suburbish,  it is nothing like the big tokyo city, which is full of strange and awesome people and things and so crowded like as everyone crosses the street at once the whole street is covered of an intersection.

Oh and I won the lottery this week!  So there is a vending machine where we teach eikaiwa, and it has cold cocoa which is actually good, I like it, because well its hot or at least feels really hot here, My companion was explaining to me that if you get all the same number on the screen when you buy from the vending machine, you get your drink for free, right as he said that and explained it, it happened for me!  He laughed because that's only happened to him once ever!  Anyways was really cool.

Oh ya and we got a package from Elder Rogers Mom that had some stuff for me and him so it was real cool, I love cereal at the moment!  It is real nice and easy, and allows for a quick meal so I can study, and of course I LOVE REESES...hint hint. Thanks so much for the love🐘.

Still doing great! A little tired some days and want a nap but Ill toughen up.

Filling flat tire with grass
One day this week we went finding - searching for people found some friends that potentially might talk to us, sadly we had been biking for hours, we were probably like 40 mins away from home by bike and I got a flat, never had one of those before.   I asked my companion,  know what do I  do. He said ya, I've always wanted to try this. So well we got some grass stuffed the tire with it and rode back.  It was pretty tough to ride, but hey we got back and I guess it worked.

Next Monday it is a zone pday, since it is raining so we are going bowling.  So we are practicing up our bowling skills in the apartment.

On a side note, bananas don't last long here at all probably because of the humidity or the salt air.. after like 3 days I picked one up and just fell apart like melted butter. I asked a guy for takeout one time because I didn't finish my food he was like we don't do that here but for you ok, he said the humidity causes food to go bad fast.

Anyways that's my spiritual thought, jodan desu, though I did share a spiritual thought tonight with the  sugimoto family, and they gave us some fish that were just like plopped on a plate, I was eating it and hair like bones were in it and it was a challenge for sure. They had these little egg cakes that were good, then this carrot and radish mix that was good overall good. And I'm beginning to not completely hate mugicha. Which is a tea that is very common among members probably been given it everyplace I have gone so far.  At first it takes like nothing then has a weird aftertaste, to me now just tastes like a different kind of water.

It was fast Sunday for us, General Conference is next week for us (we get to watch it a week later), so will be fun.  I am happy to report my tire is all good now - new skilled learned and leveled up.

Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment